Give From an IRA
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference in support of the Greater Philadelphia Chapter's mission and vision. If you are 70½ or older, you can support our work and enjoy tax benefits this year by donating through your IRA.
Flowchart: Donor directs IRA custodian to transfer a gift directly to the Greater Philadelphia Chapter from the IRA.
Benefits of Giving from Your IRA
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to the Greater Philadelphia Chapter
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Ensure access to care and fuel the search for effective treatments and cures
How a gift from your IRA works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA directly to the Greater Philadelphia Chapter.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to the Greater Philadelphia Chapter in support of the ALS community.
- Please note that gifts from your IRA do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about giving through your IRA, please contact us.
We would be happy to assist you.