The ALS Respite Care Program
Statement of Purpose:
This program is established to provide respite services to the caregiver of an ALS patient who is residing in their home. It is a program designed to give temporary relief to primary caregivers of ALS patients. The program is designed to afford the caregiver the opportunity to leave the home for a special event or needed personal time.
ALS Respite provides up to 24 hours, provided by an approved home care agency, in a twelve month period beginning 2/1/2017 through 1/31/2018.
Candidates for the ALS Respite Care Program must:
- Have a diagnosis of ALS and reside in the Chapter service area
- Reside at home
- Need assistance with personal care or companionship
- Need assistance with skilled tasks such as peg tube feedings; medication administration or use of respiratory equipment
- Ventilator care is excluded from this program.
- Have applied for VA (Veterans’ Administration) and/or LTC (Long Term Care), if applicable.
A minimum of two weeks' notice to coordinate service is required.
Click here to open a printable version of the Respite Care Application.
For more information, or an application, contact: Wendy Barnes, MSW, LSW - 610-797-2102 or email@example.com