What is Crowdrise?
Crowdrise is about raising money online for charity and having the most fun in the world while doing it. It is meant to complement our chapter’s website. Their goal is (1) to give charities an extremely easy, customizable platform to create compelling fundraising campaigns that raise new money for the organization, (2) to provide a turn-key solution for empowering our base of donors, supporters, and volunteers to raise money for our chapter, (3) to help us tap into the younger demographic by making it fun and addicting to give back.
Before you begin setting up a fundraising page, you must first complete The ALS Association Community Partner Event Manual that will be provided to you. Once the agreement has been signed and sent back to ALSA you will work with the chapter’s Event Specialist to create your page. The Events Specialist will be a key resource in helping with the process.
What you can do on Crowdrise:
- Set-up a fundraising page or event: Crowdrise allows you to set up your event or fundraiser and customize it to your needs. You can add pictures, videos, tell your story, state why you are doing this fundraiser, set a fundraising goal, etc.
- Ask for donations: Crowdrise allows you to quickly spread the word about your fundraiser/event. Email family and friends a link to your page and post Facebook and Twitter messages to spread the word. Crowdrise allows you to do all of the asking right from your page and allows donors to donate directly on your page.
- Invite team members: You can also invite team members to join a team for your event. With a sample email provided, asking friends and family to join your fundraiser is as simple as copying, pasting, and hitting send to your email contacts.
- Add registration: Crowdrise allows you to have registration with your page. Fundraisers such as 5Ks, bike rides, and fun runs may need a registration – Crowdrise will work with you directly to customize your registration so that it fits with your event and the criteria you need.
- Pull reports: As your fundraiser is coming along, you can pull from three different reports of your donors or participants. You can choose a donation report, a detailed team member report, or a team member summary report to track your progress in receiving donations.
For more information or to start your fundraising campaign, please contact us at 215-643-5434.
Click here to check out Crowdrise.